Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Weekend at home





We just had a nice relaxing weekend at home. It all started with a pre-dinner play-date with Liliana & Nikolaj where we tried to make creatures and flowers out of pipe cleaners. 

Saturday we went into Copenhagen to do some shopping and to take Julian for a ride on the Metro. He loves trains and we were going to just ride a few stops and ride back to Magasin, but he was so tired and cranky that he decided himself to go home "to Julian's house". We made decorations for our Easter tree (we still have to find some branches and paint them). Julian peeled his first Egg. Suddenly, he loves hard boiled eggs. Julian said that Sofie eats them for lunch and he would like to have an egg in his madpakke(lunchbox). I like his new interest in food. He also makes healthy suggestions and wants to go grocery shopping with me. 

Sunday Julian practised riding his bike while Christian did some yard work. I also took him for a ride up on our bike path while I jogged next to him. He got the hang of it quickly and after a few minutes I had to really run fast to keep up with him. I can't wait for the warm weather and he can come out running with me while he rides his bike. I look forward to when we can remove the training wheels. Children here in Denmark learn to ride bikes from an early age. When we lived in Copenhagen it wasn't unusual to see four year olds riding their bikes to kindergarten behind their mom or dad in the busy city traffic. I could never imagine that in the states. Here it's just a way of life, but not quite as necessary in the suburbs when we live. 

Sunday night we had a good workout with Julian bouncing a punching balloon in our living room like beach volleyball, said Julian.

No comments: